Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our web site, we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is associated with you as an individual) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our web site will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. For your information, Cookies are small pieces of data that can be stored in users' hardwares for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analysing users' viewing habits. They are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the web site and make your online experience easier and more personalized.
The personally identifiable information we may collect includes, but not limited to, your name, gender, age, identity document number, telephone number, fax number, home address, email address, education level, occupation etc. Refusal to provide such information may deny you of access to certain parts of our web site, or may render us unable to handle any application or request you are making, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our web site with restricted access by authorized personnel only. Our online registration process utilizes encryption/security software for data transmission so as to protect your data via encrypting it in a secure format to ensure its privacy is secured from unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
By using our web site, you agree that your personal data provided by you may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- providing our services and processing your enquiries and feedback;
- marketing of goods and/or services by us, our agents or our subsidiaries, in relation to the services and marketing of any goods and/or service by any company within Vitol Group;
- processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the services;
- operation and service surveys;
- providing contacts and business details in response to enquiries and complaints;
- incorporating into our user disclosure;
- enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or other industry practices;
- other related purposes.
Retention of the Information
We retain records of your dealings with us for the above purposes. Our general policy is to retain the information as long as the data is still required for the purposes mentioned above.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Normally, we may share your information within Vitol group of companies, or transfer it to their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies and any company in which the same has an interest.
You further agree that we may disclose and transfer to our agents, contractors, any telecommunications operators, any third party collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit providers, banks, financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us, any company within Vitol Group and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such personal data for the purposes mentioned above.
Access to and Correction of Information
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.